Monday, March 21, 2011

Approval for the transplant/ more loss of kidney function

Steve went to the nephrologist today. His kidney function has dropped 4%, not good. Ironically today we received authorization from our insurance agreeing to pay for the transplant. We also received a letter from the transplant team saying that as of March 15 he has been put on the list and a letter of acceptance to receive a pager was sent. This will allow us to be notified at anytime. When the pager goes off that means they have an organ donor. He will also have to have blood work done every month from here on out.
Thanks for following Steve's story and all the thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, My prayers are with you and Steve. May he get his transplant soon. Love you, De Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,
    On June 2nd it will be 4 years since I donated a kidney. In case any of your friends or family members may read this who have never considered donating an organ before, please let me share a little bit of my feelings on this subject. I knew my recipient before the subject came up. He taught 2 of my daughters at the local high school and was in my ward at church. When it bacame known that he was in need of a kidney and was on dialysis, I truly gave it a great deal of consideration and chose to be tested. (It's easy to be tested!!) As it turned out, out of the 15 potential candidates, I was chosen as an exact match! This whole experience was a very humbling one. If I could do it over I would. The recovery isn't much fun, but the way your heart feels makes it all worthwhile. The gift of life is precious!!! My recipient and I have a close kinship and it has been a huge blessing in my life. It is important that we lose ourselves in the gift of service to others. Steve you will remain in my prayers until your donor is located. I hope and pray for you that it will be soon. God Bless you the endeavors of your search. Please post your blood type as that may help in a portion of your search. Love you cousin! Robin Ferguson-Silver

    ReplyDelete